Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Cherry Cobbler

So, I was feeling a bit peckish and wanted to make a semi-sweet dish. I had  cherries in the freezer and made use of those in my Cherry Cobbler. Again, I'm trying to go for a gluten-free dish and make it just as yummy!



Cherry Cobbler

Cherries - (fresh or frozen your choice, so long they're pitted)
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
2 tbsps sweetener of choice (optional)
2 tbsps coconut oil
2 eggs

Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Tip cherries into dish of choice.. (I used a small casserole form). Mix together all dry ingredients in a bowl. Mix in  oil and eggs by hand (yes! use your fingers). The result should be  crumbly. Lay this on top the cherries. Press down gently to a somewhat flat surface. Pop into the oven, bake on middle shelf for 30 mins until golden brown. Let cool off.  In the meanwhile you can  whip up the vanilla cream for the servings. Just  doublecream and bourbon vanilla powder.

No comments: